Re: [DOCS] Use of 'now'

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [DOCS] Use of 'now'
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thomas Lockhart writes:

> Previous versions of PostgreSQL can and will generate dump files which
> have 'current'. I did make it equivalent to 'now' for at least the 7.2
> series of releases.

I don't think this is a good idea.  If someone really relied on 'current'
for his application, substituting 'now' for it is not going to make things
better.  If it's done silently it will definitely make things worse.

If that someone replays his dump and sees "invalid date/time value
'current'" then he knows he's got something to fix -- and he has to fix
something anyway.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Сообщение: Re: Call for objections: revision of keyword classification
Сообщение: Re: Call for objections: revision of keyword classification