Re: Open items

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Open items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bill Studenmund writes:

> I think the general point is that it'd be nice if regression tests didn't
> report failure due to numerical noise. :-)

Actually, I'm not convinced all of these are strictly numerical noise.
Differences in the 5th out of 10 decimal places or positive vs. negative
zero look more like "incorrect optimization" or "incomplete floating point
implementation".  It could be interesting to do these calculations
symbolically and run the final result to plenty of decimal places to see
who's right.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net