Re: compiler warnings in ODBC

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: compiler warnings in ODBC
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Harvey writes:

> Also; it would be nice if someone would write a couple of m4 macros
> for detecting defaults (i.e. Is unixODBC being used on the system? Is
> iODBC being used on the system?).

This is sort of my long-term idea, i.e., just use "the" ODBC driver that's
available.  However, I'm not sure if it's entirely appropriate to do that,
for a number of reasons, one of which is that unixODBC and iODBC aren't
pretending to be compatible, another is that if this were the way to go
then we wouldn't really have a place for the standalone driver.  For now,
I think giving people the explicit choice is a good way to see where this
is going at all.