Re: how do the pro's do this? (still a newbie)

От Command Prompt, Inc.
Тема Re: how do the pro's do this? (still a newbie)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 3 Nov 2001, Gunnar Lindholm wrote:
>>Well, my only suggestion is:
>>>         ivad := nextval("vad_seq");
>>                              ^^^^^^^^^
>>Should the name be in single quotes?
>Then I get this error...
>ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "vad_seq"
>so there is something I've done wrong, but I can't see....

Are you escaping the single quotes properly? Remember that your PL/pgSQL
function definition is itself bound by single quotes, so inside the code
definition for CREATE FUNCTION that line should look like:

        ivad := nextval(''vad_seq'');
or even:
        ivad := nextval(\'vad_seq\');

Regards,