Re: 7.2b1 ...

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: 7.2b1 ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Marc G. Fournier writes:

> CVS tags have been conssitent since v7.1 ...

Allow me to consider that a joke:

REL7_2_BETA1
REL7_1_STABLE
REL7_1_BETA3
REL7_1_BETA2
REL7_1_BETA
REL7_1_2
REL7_1

So,

Where is REL7_1_1?  Where is REL7_1_BETA1?  What does REL7_1_BETA belong
to?  What ever happened to beta4 thru beta6 or so, and rc1 through rc3?
What is the CVS tag for 7.2b1?  What release is the tag REL7_2_BETA1 for?

And if there is a 7.2b1, where is 7.2a1?  And do you realise that in the
GNU tradition, a release 7.2b would be a beta release leading to 7.3?

And I won't even start talking about the names of the ChangeLog files
which are fortunately gone.

All of this requires just a minute of thought and will save countless
people a headache.

Please.

> On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>
> > Marc G. Fournier writes:
> >
> > > ... is now packaged ... mirrors will pick it up soon, but if anyone wants
> > > to do a quick check, its in /pub/beta ...
> >
> > What ever happened to 7.2beta1?
> >
> > Sorry, but the inconsistency in naming of releases and CVS tags (if ever
> > there would be any) is driving me nuts.

Сообщение: Re: [patch] helps fe-connect.c handle -EINTR more gracefully
Сообщение: Re: [patch] helps fe-connect.c handle -EINTR more gracefully