Re: RE- Compile 7.1.3 on SCO OpenServer 5.0.6a

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: RE- Compile 7.1.3 on SCO OpenServer 5.0.6a
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
Tom Lane writes:

> > You should configure --disable-shared because shared libraries aren't
> > supported on SCO yet.
>
> If that's the answer, meseems it should be mentioned in doc/FAQ_SCO.
> Or even enforced in template/sco.  But since neither is the case,
> I wonder whether the previous users of the SCO port haven't managed
> to make it work.

The current Makefile.shlib will fail in the install target if the platform
has no shared library support.  This is a bug because Makefile.shlib
should provide transparent library building.  However, it might have been
that the installation would silently proceed if the local version of
'install' was sufficiently ill-behaved.  But we don't use that anymore.

In any case, the 7.2 release will have shared library support on SCO (at
least theoretically), and I'll make sure that Makefile.shlib gets fixed.