Re: Detecting glibc getopt?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Detecting glibc getopt?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> The reason we see this now, and didn't see it before, is that
> I rearranged startup to set the ps process title as soon as possible
> after forking a subprocess --- and at least on Linux machines, that
> "nextchar" pointer is pointing into the argv array that's overwritten
> by init_ps_display.

How about copying the entire argv[] array to a new location before the
very first call to getopt().  Then you can use getopt() without hackery
and can do anything you want to the "real" argv area.  That should be a
lot safer.  (We don't know yet what other platforms might play
optimization tricks in getopt().)