Re: Bulkloading using COPY - ignore duplicates?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Bulkloading using COPY - ignore duplicates?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> It occurs to me that skip-the-insert might be a useful option for
> INSERTs that detect a unique-key conflict, not only for COPY.  (Cf.
> the regular discussions we see on whether to do INSERT first or
> UPDATE first when the key might already exist.)  Maybe a SET variable
> that applies to all forms of insertion would be appropriate.

What we need is:

1. Make errors not abort the transaction.

2. Error codes

Then you can make your client deal with this in which ever way you want,
at least for single-value inserts.

However, it seems to me that COPY ignoring duplicates can easily be done
by preprocessing the input file.