Re: factorial doc bug?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: factorial doc bug?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thomas Lockhart writes:

> Keep in mind that he is a mathematician, and I'll guess that he won't
> have much patience with folks who expect a result for a factorial of a
> fractional number ;)

Real mathematicians will be perfectly happy with a factorial for a
fractional number, as long as it's properly and consistently defined. ;-)

Seriously, there is a well-established definition of factorials of
non-integral real numbers, but the current behaviour is probably the most
intuitive for the vast majority of users.