Re: Odd rule behavior?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Odd rule behavior?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jon Lapham writes:

> I'm receiving the following error message:
> ERROR:  Relation "log" with OID 3694127 no longer exists

As a general rule, this won't work in PostgreSQL:

CREATE TABLE foo (...);
CREATE RULE bar ... ON foo ...; # view, trigger, etc.
DROP TABLE foo (...);
CREATE TABLE foo (...);

The rule (view, trigger) references the table by oid, not by name.  (This
is a good thing.  Consider what happens when the newly created table has a
totally different structure.)  The correct fix would be to prevent the
DROP TABLE or drop the rule with it, but it hasn't been done yet.