Re: Assessment on namespace clean include file names

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Assessment on namespace clean include file names
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> I see no reason why we can't drop the other shoe and stop exporting
> libpq-int.h (or more accurately, move it out of the public namespace,
> same as you propose for backend headers).

> "server" may not be a great choice if we want to stick libpq-int.h into
> it too...

The directory wasn't meant as a place for hiding things to avoid using
them, it was supposed to be a really official place for interfacing to the
server.  If we want to hide things maybe we should have an "obsolete"
subdirectory or some such.