Re: Link to bug webpage

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Link to bug webpage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian writes:

> OK, what value does a bug database have over a TODO list?

The former is a database, the latter is a flat-text file.  The former is
mult-user, the latter is single-user.  You figure out the rest. ;-)

Seriously, IMHO a real bug database would be useful.  A number of
solutions for this are available, including the one Vince developed.  But
I will refuse to participate in a bug database that ordinary users have
write access to.  The sort of stuff that comes in over the bug list and
through whatever else just isn't filtered enough.

But in an organization that claims to be professional, when users report
an actual problem they expect to be able to track this problem.  I keep
track of the problems that seem important to me myself, because I have no
other place to put this information.