Re: encoding names

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: encoding names
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Karel Zak writes:

> - possible is use synonyms for encoding (an example ISO-8859-1,
>   Latin1, l1)

On the choice of synonyms:  Do we really want to add that many synonyms
that are not the standard name?  I think the following are not necessary:

cyrillic, cp819, ibm819, isoir100x, l1-4

ISO 8859 is a pretty well-know term these days.

KOI8 needs to be aliased as koi8r.  Unicode is not a valid encoding name,
actually.  Do you know what encoding is stands for and could you add that
as an alias?

On the code:

#ifdef WIN32
   #include "win32.h"
#else
   #include <unistd.h>
#endif

needs to be written as

#ifdef WIN32
#   include "win32.h"
#else
#   include <unistd.h>
#endif

for portability.

For extra credit:  A patch to configure and the documentation.

Сообщение: Re: Re: [JDBC] JDBC pg_description update needed for CVS tip
Сообщение: Re: Re: [JDBC] JDBC pg_description update needed for CVS tip