PostgreSQL Book, standards inquiry.

От
Тема PostgreSQL Book, standards inquiry.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Good day,

I'm one of the authors of the new forthcoming PostgreSQL book, and I was
wondering if someone directly affiliated with the project would like to
make a statement on Postgres's standards compliancy. Specifically, as it
corresponds to SQL89/1, SQL92/2, and SQL93/3, etc.

I've been able to find a number of somewhat vague, informal statements
that basically amount to "Postgres supports most of SQL92", and a few
offhand references to SQL99 data types, but I've also seen it written that
some PostgreSQL developers have claimed that it is the closest of any
RDBMS to conforming to SQL92. I've also seen it written that there are
some areas of SQL92 which are considered to be "ill-considered" that will
never be implemented supposedly, though no references to which aspects of
the standard this might have been.

So, I suppose I'm looking for something more specific for print. ;) Any
information would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
Jw.
--
John Worsley - Lead Programmer / Web Developer, Command Prompt, Inc.
LinuxPorts - Resources for Linux Users | http://www.linuxports.com/