Re: caching/ virtual file systems

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: caching/ virtual file systems
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Clayton Vernon writes:

> A newbie question as I prepare to dive into this:
>
> Under $PGDATA, can I expect to see subdirectories emerge within databases, say for INDICES, TABLES, etc?

The layout (in 7.1) is $PGDATA/base/<oid of database>/<oid of table,index...>

> The reason:
>
> On Solaris,
>
> I have some RAM in /tmp I want to employ as a virtual file system to increase the performance of PG. I've mounted the
softwarein /tmp/pgsql/...., and I would also like to mount some of the data files here as well. Since PG will create
filesI will need for the symbolic links to be at the directory level, so I was wondering if anyone had developed any
"tricks"to get certain blocks of data files to fall into subdirectories?

Unless you like your data, don't do that.  What happens in case of a
crash?

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: creating constants in postgres
От: Steve Wampler
Сообщение: Re: Re: I am now Linux and PostgreSQL user, have a question