Re: Struggling to change default data location

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Struggling to change default data location
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Geoff Caplan writes:

> > The environment initdb runs in when it runs at system startup is probably
> > not the one you set up.  Check the /etc/init.d/postgresql file for
> > details.
>
> This is certainly true, as my settings are overridden. I have had a look at
> this file, but I am still not clear what environment it is reading when it
> sets $PGDATA.  Can you clarify where this environment
> config file should be (on RedHat)?

There is no config file; the location is wired in fairly deeply.  You're
probably better off mounting your data volume at the appropriate place.

> Also, the init.d script uses pg_ctl to start the postmaster. I need to pass
> the -i parameter using the "postmaster" utility. (As I understand it, in
> past releases of these
> RPMs -i was set as a default). At what point in the startup sequence can you
> pass "postmaster" utility params to the postmaster process?

You put options in the postgresql.conf file (under /var/lib/pgsql/data or
whereever PGDATA ends up...).