Re: Fw: porting to AIX

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Fw: porting to AIX
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
kevin  mclaughlin writes:

> I was trying to get postgresql to compile on AIX 3.2.5 and on AIX 4.something, I don't remember, but can check.
Anyway,neither compile worked. I was using the c compiler that came with AIX. Using the patch sent to the list by Peter
Eisentraut,will the compilation work on 3.2.5 with the default compiler, or will I have to install GCC. Also, any other
hintswill be appreciated. By the way, how do you apply this patch, anyway.

The best bet at getting help with building and porting problems is to
follow the installation instructions closely, show what you did and what
failed.  "Didn't work" won't get anything solved.  For a start you could
download the latest release candidate of PostgreSQL 7.1.  That patch I
posted, btw., is only a fix for a particular subversion of AIX 4.* and
it's included in the latest release candidate.