Re: Cygwin PostgreSQL Distribution

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Cygwin PostgreSQL Distribution
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
Jason Tishler writes:

> > I don't know about the Cygwin file system conventions, but do people have
> > to alter their PATH and MANPATH (and LD_LIBRARY_PATH?) setting for each
> > new package they install?
>
> No.

But if every package is installed into their own /usr/<package>, then
they'll have to.

> With more information and some reflection, I would like to configure
> Cygwin PostgreSQL as follows:
>
>     configure --with-CXX --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc/postgresql \
>     --mandir=/usr/man --docdir=/usr/doc/postgresql-$version \
>     --includedir=/usr/include/postgresql --datadir=/usr/share/postgresql
>
> where $version is the PostgreSQL version (e.g., 7.1RC3) and the
> --docdir value is following a Cygwin /usr/doc convention.
>
> Note that the above configure options are essentially a subset of those
> used to generate the RPM on the PostgreSQL ftp site.  The only exception
> is the --docdir value.  Is this layout more acceptable?

Looks reasonable, but it really depends on what file system conventions
you need to follow.  Btw., you could equivalently write

configure --with-CXX --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
--docdir='/usr/doc/postgresql-${VERSION}' #(automatically track version changes)

The rest is set automatically.

Сообщение: Re: Cygwin PostgreSQL Distribution
Сообщение: Re: Cygwin PostgreSQL Distribution