Re: pgindent run?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: pgindent run?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian writes:

> > There are some new contrib modules that are nowhere close to our
> > indent conventions; also a good deal of foreign-key-related stuff
> > in the parser that needs to be cleaned up.  So we should run it.
> >
> > I've always felt that it'd be smarter to run pgindent at the start
> > of a development cycle, not the end, but I've been unable to convince
> > Bruce of that ...
>
> Hey, I am open to whatever people want to do.  Just remember that we
> accumulate lots of patches/development during the slow time before
> development, and those patches become harder to apply.  Peter E has some
> already.

This argument seems irrelevant when given the choice of before release or
after start of new cycle.  From an analytical point of view (and slightly
idealized), these are limits approaching the same points in time, from
opposite sides.  Thus, the second choice seems the infinitely better
option.

Сообщение: Re: odbc/UnixWare 7.1.1: No Go.
Сообщение: Re: odbc/UnixWare 7.1.1: No Go.