Re: Do you plan an RPM release of beta 6

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Do you plan an RPM release of beta 6
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jean-Michel POURE writes:

> Just to ask you if someone is planning to release beta 6 RPMs.
> I am running Redhat 7.0 test servers and the compiler is broken.

The "gcc 2.96" compiler on Red Hat 7.0 works for PostgreSQL.  (And surely
an RPM would have to be compiled by the same compiler.)  Later versions of
GCC (2.97, 3.0_branch, 3.1/HEAD) have all failed the regression tests for
me in the past unless all optimization is turned off.  But those aren't
released yet anyway.