Re: /contrib 'cosmetic'

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: /contrib 'cosmetic'
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Karel Zak writes:

>  - everything in the contrib tree has 'uninstall', with the
>    exception contrib/rserv

Feel free to implement it.  ;-)

>  - every "WANTED_DIRS" has Makefile and is possible install it,
>    What contrib/start-scripts, contrib/tools and contrib/retep are?

retep is installed via build.xml when you install the jdbc driver.
start-scripts needs to be installed manually anway.  'tools' doesn't need
to be installed because they are source tools.

>    I mean user after 'make install' look at $(libdir)/contrib and not
>    walk in sources and search what is/isn't installed...

I don't think the contrib/Makefile is to be relied on except for cleaning.

>  In future ... please ignore patches those ignore the /contrib's practice
> -- the trouble is overhaul the contrib tree during each version.

The reason it's in contrib is that it's a bit less than perfect.  If we
were to prioritize on maintaining contrib, then we might as well fold it
into the core (which we ought to consider for some items).  IMHO.