Re: pgmonitor patch for query string

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: pgmonitor patch for query string
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian writes:

> It does this by creating a global variable 'debug_query_string' and
> assigning it when the query begins and clearing it when the query ends.

You can find out the current query for a given backend by configuring the
server with "debug_print_query on" and "log_pids on" and running

sed -n "/[$pid]/"'s/^.*query: \(.*\)$/\1/p' $logfile

This doesn't tell you whether the query is still running, but ps tells you
that.  In fact, it might be an idea to add a logging option that prints
something like "query finished in xxx ms".  We actually have something
similar hidden under show_query_stats, but the formatting needs to be made
more convenient and possibly less verbose.  But at least this way you have
it for the record, and not only on the screen.