Re: State of the QNX Port

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: State of the QNX Port
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
Tegge, Bernd writes:

> > > + test x//7/part2/CVStrees/pgsql != x/CVStrees/pgsql

I've fixed this part.  The test is now based on 'test -ef'.

> Bingo. Yes, it's present in Makefile.global. Yes, LIBS is replaced by the
> definition from Makefile.port (a.k.a. Makefile.qnx4). Now, how is one
> supposed to add platform specific libraries to the LIBS variable ?

I've added a proper configure check.

> BTW, this also means that all the currently specified libraries from
> Makefile.global except libz are redundant, and could be removed.

This was probably the idea behind overriding the LIBS variable.  But
obviously there is a problem when adding non-system libraries, such as
libz or maybe readline.

The fact is that most of the libraries that configure finds are not needed
for any given system, but that is a legacy problem for PostgreSQL and a
design flaw in Autoconf that is not worthwhile to work around unless there
is a real problem.

Bonus project:  There are way too many things defined in qnx4.h.  At least

#include <sys/select.h>
#define HAVE_STRING_H

should be removed.  I'm also suspicious about

#include <process.h>                    /* for execv */

(who uses execv()?) and

#if !defined(__GNUC__)
#include <semaphore.h>                  /* for sem_t */
#endif

(What does this have to do with GNUC?)

Can you check that?