Re: Permissions

От Brett W. McCoy
Тема Re: Permissions
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Heath Johns wrote:

> I need every postgres account to be authenticated by password.  However
> I would also like to have the local unix user 'postgres' to be able to
> bypass that password authentication.  The reason is that I have a cron
> job that calls pg_dump under that account and I would rather not have to
> put the master password for my rdbms in a script.
>
> I imagine this is a common scenario.  Any thoughts?

You need something like this in your $PGDATA/pg_hba.conf file:

local        postgres                                      trust
local        template1                                     trust
host         all         127.0.0.1     255.255.255.255     password

-- Brett
                                     http://www.chapelperilous.net/~bmccoy/
Carmel, New York, has an ordinance forbidding men to wear coats and
trousers that don't match.