Re: Function reference

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Function reference
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bruce Richardson writes:

> On Sat, Feb 17, 2001 at 07:16:15PM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > Bruce Richardson writes:
> >
> > > Is there a function reference for Postgresql anywhere?  I can't find one
> > > in the standard documentation.
> >
> > http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.0/postgres/functions.htm
>
> Yes, I've seen that.  But when I type \df in psql it lists a lot more
> functions than are described on those pages.  What do oid() or
> likejoinsel() do, for instance?

The \df listing shows a lot of functions that have internal purposes, like
casting functions (oid(), int4(), varchar(), ...), selectivity estimation
(likejoinsel), functions behind operators (int4pl, oideq), transition
functions for aggregates, indexing functions, etc.

All the user-space functions should be documented at that URL.