Re: beta3 Solaris 7 (SPARC) port report [ Was: Looking for . . . ]

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: beta3 Solaris 7 (SPARC) port report [ Was: Looking for . . . ]
Дата
Re: beta3 Solaris 7 (SPARC) port report [ Was: Looking for . . . ]  (bpalmer <bpalmer@crimelabs.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Frank Joerdens writes:

[randomly varying set of regression tests fail]

> Running the tests on my Linux box gives no failed tests. Must I assume
> that those failed tests indicate some issue that is is detrimental to
> the proper functioning of the server on this Solaris installation? Do
> you want the regression.diffs?

Could you go into src/test/regress/pg_regress.sh and edit around line 162

#case $host_platform in
#    *-*-qnx* | *beos*)       unix_sockets=no;;
#    *)
#        unix_sockets=yes;;
#esac

(i.e., ensure that unix_sockets is set to 'no'), and rerun 'make check'.

I have experienced before that Unix sockets will cause random connection
abortions on Solaris, which will cause the regression tests to fail
arbitrarily.

> I also tried using the Sun compiler, which didn't work at all.

details on "didn't work" requested...

> now I get scary stuff like:

This is normal.  The regression tests sometimes involve intentional
invalid input.