Re: LO to text conversion

От Brett W. McCoy
Тема Re: LO to text conversion
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Alexander Klimov wrote:

> I need to store XML documents in database, so I use large objects for
> them. Now I have a problem: I want to search for patterns in documents,
> and it looks like there is no standard way to do it, so I write
> C function to do it, but it has limitation: it is not support regular
> expressions. Although it will be easy to use some library to handel
> them, but I know that PostgreSQL already has it.
>
> So, my question is: is there any function to search in lobjs? Another
> thing which would be enought is convertion of lo to text.
>
> BTW: Somebody can say, that I could use text field for documents as
> well, but it is inefficient to embed document in sql query and then
> extract it back

You might want to use the full-text search facility, whihc you can find
under src/contrib.  With the new TOADT features of 7.1, storing large
chunks of text is now quite feasible.

-- Brett
                                     http://www.chapelperilous.net/~bmccoy/
I would like to electrocute everyone who uses the word 'fair' in connection
with income tax policies.
        -- William F. Buckley