Re: Data directory destroyed

От Brett W. McCoy
Тема Re: Data directory destroyed
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Leandro Fanzone wrote:

> Due to a problem with the filesystem, my "data" directory was thrashed.
> I had to remove it completely. Now the postmaster doesn't start. How do
> I recreate the data directory? I have the dumps for psql to create the
> databases, but I need postmaster running. What can I do?
> Thank you in advance.

Create the directory by hand (like $PGHOME/data), then re-run initdb with
that path (if $PGDATA is set for that directory, it will use that for the
path).  Then you should be able to start postmaster and reload your dump.

-- Brett
                                     http://www.chapelperilous.net/~bmccoy/
I'd like to meet the guy who invented beer and see what he's working on now.