Re: AW: AW: AW: Re: tinterval - operator problems on AIX

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: AW: AW: AW: Re: tinterval - operator problems on AIX
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Ian Lance Taylor writes:

> An approach I've followed in the past is to use three-way logic.  If
> configuring for a native system, compile and run a program which
> provides a yes or no answer.  When using cross-configuration, set the
> configuration variable to ``don't know'' (or, since this a database
> group, NULL).

This would seem to be the right answer, but unfortunately Autoconf is not
smart enough to detect marginal cross-compilation cases in all situations.
Someone had zlib installed in a location where gcc would find it (compiles
okay) but the run-time linker would not (does not run).  This is not
detected when AC_PROG_CC runs, but only later on after you have checked
for the libraries.