Re: RPMS for 7.1beta3 being uploaded.

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: RPMS for 7.1beta3 being uploaded.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Lamar Owen writes:

> Likewise, Peter, I'm sure that from your point of view you have good
> reasons -- I'd like to see them as well, for the same reasons as I'd
> like to see Trond's.

Two points of view here:

1.  The config.* files were specifically updated because the old ones did
not recognize certain Linux(!) setups correctly.  This probably affects
all config.*'s before August 2000.  This will simply cause the build to
fail.

2.  If you use the %{configure} macro then this will be pointless because
that macro selects the host system type itself:

| %configure \
| CFLAGS="${CFLAGS:-%optflags}" ; export CFLAGS ; \
| CXXFLAGS="${CXXFLAGS:-%optflags}" ; export CXXFLAGS ; \
| FFLAGS="${FFLAGS:-%optflags}" ; export FFLAGS ; \
| %{?__libtoolize:[ -f configure.in ] && %{__libtoolize} --copy --force} ; \
| ./configure %{_target_platform} \\\

(This is subtly wrong as well, but that's something for the RPM folks to
deal with.)

So in short, don't do it.