Re: Re: Beta2 ... ?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Re: Beta2 ... ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
bpalmer writes:

> Is there a clearing house for packages?  I have made some for OpenBSD
> (www.crimelabs.net/postgresql.shtml),  but I wouldn't even know where to
> get the rpm or deb files.  Should there be a folder on the ftp server for
> packages for the betas?

The RPMs are on the FTP server.

In general I feel that packaging is left up to the operating system
distributor.  So your OpenBSD packages should be sent to the respective
port maintainer.  The RPMs are treated somewhat differently because they
are platform independent and a lot of people are interested in getting
betas in RPM form -- and not least importantly also because someone has
taken the time to do it on a regular basis.  The RPMs that are on the
various Linux distribution CDs are still customized by the respective
vendor.