Re: PostgreSQL v7.1BETA3 Bundled and Available ...

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: PostgreSQL v7.1BETA3 Bundled and Available ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker writes:

> > > ChangeLogs is meant to be more detailed then HISTORY, for those that would
> > > like to see results similar to 'cvs log', but without cvs access ...
> >
> > In that case it would be more useful (and customary) to put the complete
> > ChangeLog (since the beginning of time) into *one* file called
> > 'ChangeLog'.  (The version bumps will be apparent since some file will be
> > changed to reflect it.)
>
> Thought of that, tried it, the resultant file was *humongous* with all of
> the TODO changes and such ... what I included was a cvs2cl.pl of just
> those changes since REL7_1 was tag'd, with a manual cleaning of the "TODO
> updated" lines ...

Those that like to see something similar to 'cvs log' are surely not
interested into just the changes since beta 1 but at least since the
branch from 7.0.  If we're going to have a new changelog file for each
subrelease-to-subrelease then it's not going to be useful.  Maybe make
ChangeLog_7_1, later ChangeLog_7_2, then ChangeLog_7_3 and remove
ChangeLog_7_1, so you make a reasonable compromise between storage space
and preserving the traditional nature and functionality of ChangeLogs.

Should be under doc/ too, I think.