Re: postgresql.conf and postgres options

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: postgresql.conf and postgres options
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Oliver Elphick writes:

> 2.  The following command line options to postgres don't have an equivalent in
>     postgresql.conf.  Is that intentional?  (I suppose it is in several cases,
>     and I have left out some where it is obviously intentional.)  I can't see
>     why these items can't be put in the configuration file:

>     -C        Noversion = true   [not documented in postgres man page]

This option doesn't do anything.

>     -D        potential_Datadir = arg      [set PGDATA]

This option can't be in the config file because it is used to *find* the
config file.

>     -E        EchoQuery = true   [echo queries to log]

Hmm, there's debug_print_query.  This will probably be consolidated in the
future.

>     -e        EuroDates = true   [use European format for dates]

This should be a config file option, but Thomas Lockhart couldn't make up
his mind what to call it.  ;-)

>     -N        UseNewLine = 0     [newline is not a query separator]

I don't think this is useful.

>     -o        [set stdout, stderr to file arg]

I think this is broken or not well maintained.  Will be cleaned up in some
later release.