Re: [PHP] a script that queries database periodically

От Folke Ashberg
Тема Re: [PHP] a script that queries database periodically
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi!

I think you have installed GET , so use in your cronab
GET http://localhost/report_for_my_boss/create.php |mail -s "Hello Boss"
boss@chief.net
if you miss get try it with lynx:
lynx -source -dump http://localhost/.. |mail ....

regards
Folke

--
Folke Ashberg

Stage Internet Services GmbH
Technical Development
folke@fanstage.de

folke@fanstage.de | Tel: +49 89 454591-77 | Fax: +49 89 454591-71
Kreillerstr. 21 | 81673 Munich | Germany | www.fanstage.de

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, Bernie Huang wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My boss wants me to write a script that will send a email report to him
> monthly with the result of database queries.
>
> For example, an email would be like:
>
> Monthly report
> +----------+---------+---------------+
> | Vehicles | Mileage | # of Signouts |
> +----------+---------+---------------+
> | Vehicle1 | 10324   | 5             |
> +----------+---------+---------------+
> | Vehicle2 | 19384   | 6             |
> +----------+---------+---------------+
>
> I was thinking of writing up a PHP script and put into crontab, which is
> somehow easier than a shell script, but PHP is an apache module, so I
> cannot execute PHP under crontab (it has to be executed in a browser
> right?).  I guess a shell script is necessary.  So, is it possible to
> call 'psql' and returning its query result and I can use sendmail to
> email the result? Any other idea?
>
> Thanks.
>
> - Bernie

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Jason
Сообщение: Re: [PHP] a script that queries database periodically