Re: Removing duplicates

От Andrew Perrin
Тема Re: Removing duplicates
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Zip code and then address seems reasonable to me. If you want to go
all-out, you could write a script that checks addresses against the USPS's
address system (www.usps.com/ncsc/lookups/lookup_zip+4.html) which will
return a standardized address. If you do that for your whole table you'll
end up being able to compare these standardized addresses against one
another, thereby even matching PO Box 123 vs. P.O. Box 123.

ap

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin@unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrinAssistant Professor of Sociology, U of North
Carolina,Chapel Hill     269 Hamilton Hall, CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA