Re: [GENERAL] Postgres install problem

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Postgres install problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1999-12-18, Peter Ai mentioned:

> gcc -o postgres access/SUBSYS.o bootstrap/SUBSYS.o catalog/SUBSYS.o
> commands/SUBSYS.o executor/SUBSYS.o lib/SUBSYS.o libpq/SUBSYS.o
> main/SUBSYS.o parser/SUBSYS.o nodes/SUBSYS.o optimizer/SUBSYS.o
> port/SUBSYS.o postmaster/SUBSYS.o regex/SUBSYS.o rewrite/SUBSYS.o
> storage/SUBSYS.o tcop/SUBSYS.o utils/SUBSYS.o
> ../utils/version.o -lnsl -ldl -lm  -export-dynamic
> libpq/SUBSYS.o: In function `crypt_verify':
> libpq/SUBSYS.o(.text+0x3ca2): undefined reference to `crypt'
> libpq/SUBSYS.o: In function `verify_password':
> libpq/SUBSYS.o(.text+0x3fba): undefined reference to `crypt'
> make[1]: *** [postgres] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/pgsql/postgresql-6.5.3/src/backend'
> make: *** [all] Error 2

I'm not familiar with Caldera, but there is a slight chance that adding
one of -lcrypt or -lshadow to LDFLAGS in Makefile.global (after configure)
might help. If that doesn't work, look if your libcrypt.a or libshadow.a
library really exists and is findable or let us know what kind of C
library you have (ls /lib/libc.*). If that helps then we'd need to fix up
configure a little.