Re: gettimeofday() goes backwards on FreeBSD 4.9

От Nigel J. Andrews
Тема Re: gettimeofday() goes backwards on FreeBSD 4.9
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 28 Nov 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

> Darcy Buskermolen <darcy@wavefire.com> writes:
> > On November 28, 2003 12:33 pm, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Whoa.  Try the following test program.  Then send it in to your friendly
> >> local BSD hackers ....
>
> > I've been running this code on a pair of FreeBSD (i386) boxen, for some time
> > now, one of which is a 4.8-STABLE, the other is a 5.2-BETA.
>
> Could it be a hardware problem on Marc's box?  Or specific to some other
> aspect of that installation (Marc, is pgsql74.hub.org multi-CPU, for
> example?)
>
> The failure is definitely quite repeatable on pgsql74.hub.org.  I don't
> see it on svr1.postgresql.org, though, which seems to be running almost
> the same kernel.

On an Intel Linux 2.4.18 I get them quite often, 25 in 1'45", but they are all
just a microsecond.

On an Intel FreeBSD 3.3 I had one just after starting the program that was 2
secs behind. Then I stopped to restart with a leading under time and I've not
seen any since. (4'50" it was running)  .529 .2

user/sys time = 0.53 on the Linux system
user/sys time = 0.2 on the FreeBSD one

Make of that what you will.

--
Nigel Andrews

Сообщение: Re: gettimeofday() goes backwards on FreeBSD 4.9
Сообщение: Re: gettimeofday() goes backwards on FreeBSD 4.9