Re: "Expiring" transactions?

От Nigel J. Andrews
Тема Re: "Expiring" transactions?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:

> Gaetano Mendola wrote:
>
> > Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >> We have statement_timeout, but not transaction_timeout.
> > Could be nice have it, once I forgot to do a commit and I
> > left my desk, the day after all the DB was hanged by that opened
> > transaction.
>
> Probably it could detect idle time and disconnect.. That could be used to roll
> back automatically..

I'd be unhappy with the commit part of the original request for commit or
rollback and in the first instance wouldn't this be a candidate for the client
app. to perform?

Obviously the server may not detect if the client just goes away, unless
keepalive is on, but only the client knows that the user isn't waving the mouse
around the screen looking for that bit of information needed to complete the
query underconstruction.

--
Nigel J. Andrews