Re: library version problem, 7.3.2, php, redhat linux

От Nigel J. Andrews
Тема Re: library version problem, 7.3.2, php, redhat linux
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, Oliver Elphick wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 07:21, Nigel J. Andrews wrote:
> > On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, Richard Welty wrote:
> > > [Thu Sep 11 16:17:25 2003] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
> > > PHP Warning:  Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php4/pgsql.so'
> > >  - libpq.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> > > in Unknown on line 0
> >
> > Well not quite. The complaint is that the PHP interface to PostgreSQL isn't
> > found.
>
> If I understand the error message correctly, it looks as though
> /usr/lib/php4/pgsql.so is linked to libpq.so.2, which does not exist.
> You need a version of php built against a more recent postgresql.

Doh! Trust me to not read the original message properly.

Still I'd point to my PHP build/configure comment if you'd left that in the
quoted the matterial :)

It does look like PHP needs rebuilding so that it uses the right postgresql
library. However, isn't this supposed to be a plain install of Redhat,
i.e. installed from RPMs with nothing upgraded to versions outside of the
original distribution so everything matches?

--
Nigel J. Andrews