Re: Incomprehensible behaviour of a foreign key.

От Nigel J. Andrews
Тема Re: Incomprehensible behaviour of a foreign key.
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003, Nigel J. Andrews wrote:

> Blah, blah, blah.

Further hair pulling and trying many many things and I finally discovered why
this foreign key constraint problem was so weird, I looked up all pg_class
entries with that name immediately before the breaking statement. Turns out I
had another table of the same name and design in another schema.

I even knew about that but because an earlier part of the process was moving
that data out of that extra table, which had inadvertently been created in the
wrong schema, and placing it into the correct place I had forgotten about it.
That despite the fact that I even looked at that portion of code this afternoon
and merely noted what it was doing, i.e. it's aim, completely missing the fact
that the drop table statement was commented out.

I won't say panic over because it isn't for me but it's pretty clear that I'm
not kicking some corner case bug in postgresql. Thanks for everyone's
input. Spectacular response times as usual.

--
Nigel J. Andrews