Re: Hello (PGDATA question)

От Nigel J. Andrews
Тема Re: Hello (PGDATA question)
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Sun, 18 May 2003, John wrote:

Whoa! Bet you thought this was lost! A full week within the pgsql servers.

> Hello,
>
> I am seeking some help with installing postgresql 2.7.3 on my
> SuSE linux 8.2 system. I am having trouble setting the PGDATA
> parameter.
>
> Thank-you,
>
> John Tankersley
> johntank@merr.com

You should probably upgrade to 7.2.4, at least I think that one is the last 7.2
series. Or, as you're obviously not going to have any existing applications or
data to support why not go for the latest 7.3 series? 7.3.3 should be coming
out very soon.

Rather than worrying about using the PGDATA environment variable you can simply
specify the location of the data store on the command line when you start the
server [and initdb]. For example, initialise the data store with

initdb -D /data/pgsql ...

and similarly in your startup scripts (or just whenever you start/stop the
postmaster by hand)

pg_ctl -D /data/pgsql ...

--
Nigel J. Andrews

Сообщение: Re: Slashdot: SAP and MySQL Join Forces
Сообщение: Re: Slashdot: SAP and MySQL Join Forces