Re: - what protocol for an Internet postgres

От Nigel J. Andrews
Тема Re: - what protocol for an Internet postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 17 May 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Nigel J. Andrews" <nandrews@investsystems.co.uk> writes:
> > I probably wasn't clear. The rule was a _permit_ from localhost to any remote
> > host/port for something that looked like a core Windows service. I never saw
> > the network traffic (with tcpdump of course) for the port forwarding until I
> > disabled that permit rule, thereby actually tightening the firewall.
>
> [ scratches head... ]  That makes no sense at all to me; does it to you?

None what so ever. Is it any surprise I couldn't make it work earlier?

Indeed, having fired things up again so I could say the executable associated
with the rule I find it all working straight away [after starting a ssh session
of course] and that's with the rule automatically enabled after the
reboot. Just fwiw, the executable for the rule is \winnt\system32\services.exe.

I do dislike getting different behaviour out of systems, even if the
different behaviour is the working one.

--
Nigel J. Andrews