Re: Scheduled jobs

От Nigel J. Andrews
Тема Re: Scheduled jobs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 12 May 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

> Zlatko Michailov <zmichailov@yahoo.com> writes:
> > I didn't find any documentation mentioning scheduled jobs. I assume
> > there is no such a feature yet. I would like to implement it if
> > someone helps me with the development process (I am brand new to
> > OpenSource projects).
>
> > Basically the feature should include scheduling function exeution at:
> >     - postmaster startup
> >     - postmaster shutdown
> >     - a specified moment
> >     - a time of the day/month/year
> >     - recurring at a time interval
>
> Use cron.  I see no value in duplicating cron's functionality inside
> Postgres.

I was going to say use cron :)

Only cron can't handle some of those cases listed, but then one could always
patch one's own local installation of pg_ctl etc. to run things at startup and
shutdown.

I'm not sure how specified moment differs from time of day/month/year (except
can cron handle years?)

--
Nigel J. Andrews