jdbc1 AbstractJdbc1Statement setObject() does not work with some Stream types

От Paulo Eduardo Azevedo Silveira
Тема jdbc1 AbstractJdbc1Statement setObject() does not work with some Stream types
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hello!

Inside of public void setObject(int parameterIndex, Object x) throws
SQLException, there is NO if to see if it X is instanceof
InputStream. This was crashing my application when trying to pass a
ByteArrayInputStream as argument to setObject, since it does no fit in any
of the instanceofs, and get into the alst line, where it is serialized
(and a completely strange exception message is thrown from other point)

http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql-server/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc1/AbstractJdbc1Statement.java?rev=1.13&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

I ve made a CVS patch for it, if anyone is interested in these couples of
lines. It is just a if-instanceof-InputStream that delegates the setObject
to setBinaryStream with lenght equals to inputstream.available()

One more thing: all those imports something.* make really hard for the
other coders to find where the classes are being imported from. Sorry to
be "picky".

Thanks a lot for your attention.

Paulo Silveira (www.paulo.com.br)
Grupo de Usuarios Java (www.guj.com.br)

Сообщение: Re: streaming result sets: progress
Сообщение: Re: streaming result sets: progress