Re: backup problem

От Nigel J. Andrews
Тема Re: backup problem
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, ([ISO-2022-JP] $B2&IL(B) wrote:

> Now I have written a cgi file to backup data from web client. I applied "pg_dump" command to fulfill the
> task,but it failed. I want to know whether there is a method or not, to fulfill the backup
> task within a database connection, just like do a sql query. And how can I solve the problem.

I think this was answered a couple of days ago, which I didn't read closely,
but...

You'll probably find that the browser and or server is dropping the connection
thereby interrupting the pg_dump cgi script.

On the other hand any number of things could be going wrong and you wouldn't
know. For example, does your CGI script check for a failure due to lack of
disk space and inform the user?

--
Nigel J. Andrews