Re: anoncvs and diff

От Nigel J. Andrews
Тема Re: anoncvs and diff
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Nigel J. Andrews wrote:
> >

> > I've been waiting to see how a patched file differs from my version.
> >
> > The patch was added to the to apply list last week I think (it wasn't mine btw)
> > and I've been doing cvs diff to view the differences so I can tell when the
> > patch has been applied. Additional information given by this is the revision
> > number the comparison is against of course. This has stayed at 1.61 all the
> > time I've been doing this cvs diff operation. Looking at the web interface to
> > cvs I see the file has a revision number of 1.64. I use the anoncvs server for
> > my operations. Am I being daft or is there a problem with the anoncvs archive?
>
> That is strange.  anoncvs and the web interface should have the same
> version number.  What file are you looking at?

src/pl/tcl/pltcl.c

However, since writing that I've tried some other things.

cvs diff -r HEAD pltcl.c

gave me differences against revision 1.64

and cvs update pltcl.c

said it was merging changes between 1.64 and 1.61

and a plain cvs diff now shows me differences against 1.64

I think this is probably just a short fall in my fairly basic knowledge of how
cvs works.

--
Nigel J. Andrews