Re: Case Sensitive "WHERE" Clauses?

От Andrew Perrin
Тема Re: Case Sensitive "WHERE" Clauses?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
No, I don't think it's supposed to be case-sensitive. In any case, whether
it's supposed to be or not, it certainly isn't in practice.

Solutions include:

SELECT *
FROM People
WHERE lower(first_name)='jordan';

and:

SELECT *
FROM People
WHERE first_name ~* 'Jordan';

ap

clists@perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Jordan Reiter wrote:

> Are string comparisons in postgresql case sensitive?
>
> I keep on having this response:
>
> SELECT *
> FROM People
> WHERE first_name='jordan'
>
> Result: 0 records
>
> SELECT *
> FROM People
> WHERE first_name='Jordan'
>
> Result: 1 record
>
> I though that string matching in SQL was case-insensitive. Isn't this correct? If not, what workarounds have been
usedsuccessfully before? Obviously, formatting the search string for the query is not a solution...

> --
>
> Jordan Reiter                          mailto:jordan@breezing.com
> Breezing.com                           http://breezing.com
> 1106 West Main St                      phone:434.295.2050
> Charlottesville, VA 22903              fax:603.843.6931

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Jordan Reiter
Сообщение: Case Sensitive "WHERE" Clauses?
От: "Rajesh Kumar Mallah."
Сообщение: Preventing DELETEs