Re: PostgreSQL and MySQL in ZDNet article...

От Nigel J. Andrews
Тема Re: PostgreSQL and MySQL in ZDNet article...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Robert J. Sanford, Jr. wrote:

I almost hate to be in on one of these my DB is better than yours/effective
marketing threads but...

That reads to me as more of a MySQL article than anything else, except perhaps
a one still has to buy a 'proper' DB if one wants a 'proper' DB. Perhaps one of
the things giving me that view is that while MySQL is sounding like it's coming
on leaps and bounds with a release every 6 months and is adding this and that
functionality all PostgreSQL can come up with is replication because it's
already got the rest.

I bet noone ever thought having functionality someone else didn't would result
in better press for the other.

--
Nigel J. Andrews
Director