Re: [SECURITY] DoS attack on backend possible (was: Re:

От Gavin Sherry
Тема Re: [SECURITY] DoS attack on backend possible (was: Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Justin Clift wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> >
> <snip>
> > Still, I believe this should require a 7.2.2 release.  Imagine a university
> > database server for a course for example - the students would just crash it
> > all the time.
>
> Hey yep, good point.
>
> Is this the only way that we know of non postgresql-superusers to be
> able to take out the server other than by extremely non-optimal,
> resource wasting queries?

Check the TODO:

You are now connected as new user s.
template1=> select cash_out(2);
server closed the connection unexpectedly       This probably means the server terminated abnormally       before or
whileprocessing the request.

!> \q
[swm@laptop a]$ bin/psql template1
psql: could not connect to server: Connection refused       Is the server running locally and accepting
connectionson Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.3987"?

[swm@laptop a]$

---

Gavin