Re: [GENERAL] Linux Largefile Support In Postgresql RPMS

От Nigel J. Andrews
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Linux Largefile Support In Postgresql RPMS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Helge Bahmann wrote:

> > As far as I can make out from the libc docs, largefile support is
> > automatic if the macro _GNU_SOURCE is defined and the kernel supports
> > large files.
> >
> > Is that a correct understanding? or do I actually need to do something
> > special to ensure that pg_dump supports large files?
>
> in this case you still have to use large file functions in the code
> explicitly
>
> the easiest way to get large file support is to pass
> -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 to the preprocessor, and I think I remember doing
> this once for pg_dump
>
> see /usr/include/features.h

There is some commentary on this in my /usr/doc/libc6/NOTES.gz, which I presume
Oliver has already found since I found it after reading his posting. It gives a
bit more detail that the header file for those who want to check this out. I
for one was completely unaware of those 64 bit functions.

--
Nigel J. Andrews
Director

---